The Mazamas offers a variety of classes for all ability levels. Learn new skills in mountaineering, rock climbing, first aid, ski mountaineering, and more.
Welcome to the new Mazamas website! We are currently operating in beta mode which is why our new web address is beta.mazamas.org. Within the next 3–6 months this new site will replace mazamas.org. Until then, we want to get you all oriented to the new site and continue to work out the bugs in beta.mazamas.org.
How to Create Your Account:
- Go to https://beta.mazamas.org/sign-up/
- Enter your email address (current and past members, use the email address we have on file for you, read FAQs below for details)
- A verification email will be sent to you
- Click on the blue Verify button in the email
- Enter your first name, last name, and create a password
- You will now be logged in to the beta site
To get you started we have created helpful videos, and a how to guide that covers:
- Creating Your Account
- Getting Oriented
- Setting Up Your Profile
- Understanding the Calendar
- Apply for a Climb
If you are a current Mazama member or have been a Mazama member in the past, when you create your account, use the email address you have used for your membership in the past. This will allow your account to sync up with your record in our database. Please note: The beta site is not related to our current website. Your login credentials for mazamas.org cannot be used to login to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not know what email address we have on file for you, please contact us at email@example.com BEFORE creating your account.
- Click on Login
- Click on Sign Up (upper right hand side of the screen)
- Enter your Email Address (Current & Past Members—use the email address we have on file for you)
- A Verification Email will be sent to you from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on the large blue Verify Button in the verification email you received (check your spam box if you don’t immediately see this email)
- Enter your first name, last name, and create a password
- You will now be logged in to beta.mazamas.org
The Dashboard contains your upcoming activities, your current group membership, a link to your profile, your Mazama membership details, and liability waiver information.
The Profile contains all of your personal information as well as Badges, Activity History, Volunteer Information, and Group History.
After creating your account, if you are a current or past Mazama member, you are going to want to confirm that your account synced up with the data we already have on file for you.
- Now that you are logged in, go to the upper right hand corner of your browser window.
- You will see your name and the initial of your last name, next to a circle—click on your name
- You will be presented with three options: Profile, Dashboard, and Logout
- Click on Profile
- Do you see information already in your profile, such as address or phone number?
- If yes, you have successfully synced with your Mazama account
- If no (this is likely due to using a different email address than we have for you in our database), please contact us at email@example.com.
Your profile contains a variety of data. Completion of your profile is what will allow you to sign up for activities.
- Login to the site (haven't created an account yet? review the account creation steps above)
- Click on the your name in the upper right hand corner, and click on Profile
- Once on the Profile page, click Edit
- Enter information into your profile (Mazama members, you will already have some information in your profile)
- If you want to sign up for activities, the following profile fields are required: Email Address, First Name, Last Name, Gender, Birthdate, Bio, Climbing History Outside the Mazamas, Type and Frequency of Physical Activity, Mobile Phone, Full Address, Medical Information (Conditions, Medications, Medications Carried), Emergency Contact Details
- The other fields such as Volunteer Interests, Professional Background, and Volunteer Motivation are all optional.
What should you include in your Bio field? Well, whatever you want! This is your place to share details about you with potential course or activity leaders or fellow members. The bio field is a rich text field, which means you can include bulleted lists (think a climb resume), volunteer history, and much more.
You can also include links to a document or photo on the internet. So if you want to build out a climb resume in google sheets or docs, you can link to it in your bio. That way it is always up to date!
We take privacy very seriously! YOU have the ability to control who views the data you enter into your profile. By default, all of your data is private. You may toggle the privacy setting of each element of your profile by logging in to the site, clicking on profile and clicking on the Privacy link that is next to your name. Please note: if you change your privacy settings, you will need to reenter your password. This is an intentional security measure.
If you apply for an activity or course, the course leaders will have access to your data so they are able to contact you, review your bio and past activities, as well as have access to your medical and emergency contact information if an issue were to arise on the activity.
Ethnicity information is only available to staff; and it is being asked for data collection purposes only. As a nonprofit we frequently apply for grants, and our grantors as for demographic information on grant applications.
When you create your account you are likely to have a blank Activity History. If not, you might see several climbs or a class in this section. This section is populated directly from our database. Over time, as you complete climbs, hikes, and courses, you will see your past activities in this section.
Over the next 6–12 months we will be adding past climb data and some past class data to this section. However, our past data collection was not centralized, so it is unlikely your complete Mazama activity history will ever appear here. Think of this section as Activity History with Mazamas starting in 2018. Please do not email us asking for activities to be added to your history section.
This block on your profile will capture your history of serving on Mazama committees or teams.
There is no historical data in this block at this time, as we previously did not have a centralized database for this information.
We are ready for you to share your committee/team history with us! Go here to learn more and begin the process of adding your group history to your profile.
Course completion, skills training, and accomplishments will now be tracked through our Badge System. Check out a full list of badges at beta.mazamas.org/badges. Already qualify for some badges? Request them!
Adding badges to the system is a manual process. Once you request a badge, look for it to be added to your profile within a week.
Please note: The Summitted a Glaciated Peak badge can only be assigned once; this badge is not meant to be used to track your climbing history, it is a qualification badge indicating that you have met the membership requirement.
All Mazama activities appear in one centralized calendar. This will include courses, climbs, hikes, and other events. Click on the calendar link at the top of the page. There are four calendar tabs: All, Education, Activities, and Events. You can apply filters to the calendar, including activity type (climb, hike, outing), place (Mt. Hood), grade, grad preference, and more. The filters are cumulative, so you can filter for B level Mt. Hood climbs for example. Go to mazamas.org/calendar.
Prior to 2018, applying for climbs was a manual process. You can now apply for climbs online. Please go to the Applying for Climbs page for full details.
Create Your Account