The Mazamas offers a variety of classes for all ability levels. Learn new skills in mountaineering, rock climbing, first aid, ski mountaineering, and more.
This climb is full, with a healthy wait-list. Thanks for looking!
We'll climb Middle and North Sister in a weekend. We'll camp high up at the saddle (probably on snow) between the two peaks.
I tend towards selecting a diverse, and balanced team. Also, I am prioritizing recent BCEP grads (2018, and 2017), and recent ICS grads (2018).
- Physical fitness! We'll be covering a lot of terrain!
- Team glacier travel skills
- Fixed-line usage skills
- Rappeling w/ backup
- Drive down Friday evening/after work
- Camp at the trailhead Friday night
- Saturday morning, on trail by 8 am, ascend to the saddle, make camp, climb Middle sister for an evening summit
- Camp at saddle Saturday night
- Sunday morning, moving by 4 am, ascend North Sister, and descend returning to the saddle
- Break camp, and hike out
- Drive home Sunday evening
Get a user account
User accounts cost nothing and enable you to:
- Sign up for Mazamas classes, activities, and outings
- Earn badges to shape a record of your achievements
- Become a Mazamas member, entitling you to terrific benefits, discounts, and exclusive resources
- Give back to the community through exciting volunteer opportunities